Science and Research
Scientific and research activities
Science and research belong to the most important activities of the Institute of Education and Communication of the CULS Prague. The academic staff focuses on the research topics connected with the IEC background. A priority is given to the issues of vocational training in agriculture, forestry and related fields, ranking from the level of secondary education to the wider concept of lifelong learning.
A research infrastructure is based on a long collaboration with several international networks of educational institutions, especially European secondary vocational schools and teacher training institutes. Nowadays, the research activities of the IEC expand into new areas, such as the field of counseling in vocational education.
IEC researches solve at the scientific issues at the national and international level focused on the following topics:
- Teaching reality in the secondary and tertiary education, teachers competencies
- Innovation of curricula, teaching practices and technologies in vocational education
- Role of university in the structure of agricultural education and ways of disseminating information for the agricultural practice
- Lifelong learning and continuing education in urban and rural areas
- Counseling in vocational education (system, strategies, methods…)
- Information systems in Czech agriculture
- Agricultural extension and training of farmers
The research activities are facilitated with these national partners:
- Association of Educational Organizations for the Rural Development
- National Institution of Technical and Vocational Education
- Centre of School Management, Faculty of Education, Charles University in Prague
- Institute of Agricultural Economics and Education
- Higher and secondary vocational schools specialized in agriculture, forestry and related fields
The list of international partners is to be found on the IEC website in the section of International relations.